Traditional, hand-crafted wines made in Wisconsin
Don't let our name fool you, we specialize in warm-climate, barrel-aged red wine and also produce semi-sweet to sweet whites.
The winery is open year-round for guests and private events. Visitors 21+ years of age are welcome to enjoy wine tasting flights, wine by the glass or bottle, cheese, and antipasto platters, as well as flatbread pizzas during select hours. For those who are not quite into wine (yet), we have Wisconsin beers and non-alcoholic beverages available too. Enjoy the summer months on our beautiful patio and the winter months by our brick fireplace! We have a heated outdoor tent available as well!
How We're Handling COVID-19
To address concerns prior to your visit, we’ve developed a list for everyone to read up on. Many of these items such as high attention to cleaning and the use of a high-temperature dishwasher are just a few of the things we were already used to doing.
Our protocols recommended by the CDC are but not limited to:
- Staff will be constantly cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces and tables
- There are hand sanitizers available for customers and staff
- We encourage customers to practice 6’ physical distancing measures
- Tables are spaced appropriately inside and outside
- We encourage customers to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible
- We have an outdoor tent set up for customers to have an easier ability to practice physical distancing outside
- All dishes and glassware are run through our high-temperature dishwasher
- Our cooking staff wear gloves and masks as they prepare any food items
- We removed our air dry hand dryer and replaced with easy pull toweling in the washroom
- We installed new acrylic barriers at key, high traffic access points within the tasting room such as by the bar and the checkout counter
- We installed a HEPA filter air cleaner which treats the air throughout the entire building approximately every 45 minutes
- Customers have the ability to swipe their own credit/debit cards for fewer contact transactions
- Masks must be worn indoors by staff and customers
- Groups of 6 or more should call ahead
- No pets and no carry ins allowed.
- If you feel sick, please stay home. And if you do not feel comfortable being out in public just yet, please stay home.
We thank you in advance for respecting our new operating procedures and we are here to help make your visits as enjoyable as possible.
Cheers! - The Behnke Family
Special Selection Red Wines
Special Selection White Wines
Reserve Collection Wines
Our Winning Winemaker
As an avid engineer and entrepreneur at heart, Kevin Behnke has been a forward-thinking visionary who is always on-the-go. At just 25 years old, Kevin purchased a small machine shop with the idea of expanding it to a machinery rebuilding company to service manufacturers nationally. The company has given him great joy in doing what he does best: building something from nothing or repairing things to its former glory.
In 2002, Kevin acquired the formerly known Apple Works orchard as a real estate investment and as a potential new home for his family. Given the hundreds of apple trees on the property, in 2007, he decided to harvest them to make wine, at first, only as a hobby. As time went on, he set out to produce more than just apple-related products and began experimenting with more traditional, warm-climate grape winemaking. For fun, he would enter amateur wine contests and found himself winning bronze, silver, and even gold medals throughout the Midwest.
Knowing his wine was well-received, he decided to turn his once hobby into a business that would allow him to share his love of unique wine with those looking for something different. Kevin renovated the once orchard garage storefront into what now is the wine tasting room, which is filled with his personal craftsmanship both inside and out.
Kevin spends a lot of his time experimenting with new recipes and hopes the winery continues to produce fine, handcrafted wines.